collecte section Bourgogne

https://www.helloasso.com/associations/association-france-lyme/collectes/section-bourgogne

Message from someone who cares about Lyme patients and children with autism too, the philanthropist John Caudwell


Help John raise money for this great cause.
JUSTGIVING.COM

Message from someone who cares about Lyme patients and children with autism too, the philanthropist John Caudwell émoticône heart

Dear wonderful facebook friends and followers,
I am writing to you to ask for your support, for a cause that you know is extremely close to my heart and that I am passionate about.
In the last twelve months Caudwell Children have been commissioning an ‘International Centre for Childhood Disability’. We are building this in the grounds of Keele University with the aim of helping even more ill children, but also a more specific aim of proving that ‪#‎Autism‬ can be treated.
The building will cost over £15 million to build and £5 - £10 million a year to run, depending on the amount of children that we help. I have pledged £20 million over the next few years, but there is still a huge amount of fundraising to do.
Sometime ago, I committed to Caudwell Children’s cycle ride from Key West to Orlando which commences on Sunday 29th November, 2015, (about 100 miles a day for 5 days). Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to train due to being quite ill with Lyme disease and I am still nowhere near to being fully recovered. I will attempt the ride although I have no idea whether I will be able to achieve it.
I would be extremely grateful if you could donate to Caudwell Children to help raise the much needed funds for our Disability Centre. Even though we need to raise many millions, every last donation, no matter how small, will move us nearer to the target to help change the face of autism in this country, and help lots of other children with a huge variety of illnesses.
Donations can be made by visiting:
Or in the form of a personal cheque made payable to Caudwell Children and sent to myself at:
Broughton Hall
Broughton
Nr Eccleshall
Staffordshire
ST21 6NS
You are also no doubt aware that myself and my entire family (ten of us) are suffering from ‪#‎Lyme‬ disease to one degree or another. Lyme is always accompanied by multiple co-infections and the result can be devastating consequences for the sufferer, ranging from death in 3 months at the extreme end to total paralysis, depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue and many other dreadful symptoms. It is way more prevalent than anybody truly understands other than the experts. My family are being very intensely treated for this disease and although we are responding, we have a long way to go.
As a result of our suffering I have become aware of hundreds of thousands of people suffering in the most debilitating ways, and such is the scale and severity that I have decided I must change the health service attitude in order to get these people correctly tested and diagnosed. Currently, the health service generally deny the existence of chronic Lyme, leaving sufferers in a very desperately neglected state.
THEREFORE FOR EVERY POUND THAT YOU DONATE TO CAUDWELL CHILDREN I WILL ALSO PERSONALLY DONATE THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY TO SOLVING THE LYME DISEASE SCANDAL IN THIS COUNTRY.
Thank you so much in anticipation of any support you can give Caudwell Children, no matter how big or small, to help us make a huge difference to the children we help.
Kindest regards,