collecte section Bourgogne

https://www.helloasso.com/associations/association-france-lyme/collectes/section-bourgogne

LYME can be deadly serious

From Jenny O'Dea of Tick Talk Ireland:


http://ticktalkireland.wordpress.com/lyme-links/





"I know it's sad to post these things but I want any media or politicians know who happen to be passing that Lyme can be deadly serious - we MUST do more. During an interview on camera for the upcoming film I was told that lyme is normally not that serious, I then relayed the death of my friend just before xmas. Tears came to my eyes. She had ALS but also was positive for Lyme disease & thanks to a GMC hearing her lyme treating doc could practise no more, no-one else would treat her, she lost all ability to speak or even swallow, she had a speaking machine & a hoist to get her in the bath. She passed away Dec last year...she had teenage children. OK this IS the worst case scenario but people I know of have been blinded & paralysed. A doc who came to the conference in Dublin was blinded through Lyme Disease which thankfully his sight returned on proper treatment, he now treats others (not here in ireland sadly). Another doc in the States was diagnosed with ALS & given 6 months to live, he was treated for Lyme & recovered. We cannot idly sit by & let this happen. We're trying very hard to organise a meeting with government officials, I'll keep you posted!